Thursday, October 30, 2014

Once Upon a #TBT




We've all done it: looked through old photos to relive some of our finest (or most questionable) moments from college. The years when you could wake up whenever you wanted, when you scheduled your classes around the concept of an ever-present 3 day weekend, and there was always someone to hang out with. Those days seem long gone: sleeping past 8 am has become increasingly difficult, my work schedule is set in stone, and finding time to see friends is challenging with varying schedules. Basically, it became too easy to fall into a seemingly monotonous routine. 

I decided I needed to make a change; living through old photographs wasn't cutting it anymore and neither were "Friends" marathons - sorry Joey! That change started with a plan: try something new once a week. I enjoy a wide-ranging list of activities but gravitate toward cooking, crafting, and exploring my town. I also decided I need people to participate so to make sure I don't omit anyone from my new project I came up with a new caveat: the activities I find must stick to a $20 or less budget per week. 

So here's how this will work: every week I will find a few activities that seem interesting and are within my budget. If I can find activities that fall below $20 those extra funds get put away in a rainy day or vacation fund for later use. If I go above my budget, then I must subtract from the allotted funds the following week. With this goal in mind, I hope to illustrate how easy it is to reintroduce excitement into the everyday routine at a low cost. I hope you find this blog useful and that you'll follow along for the ride! 


No comments:

Post a Comment